Monday, May 23, 2011

Had to Share - Shelf Clearing

Lately, I have been discouraged in my couponing. When I hit the store, I can't always find the deals that I want due to empty shelves. I have a life and refuse to be waiting at the store when it opens for the deals on Monday.

I have been finding it harder and more of a hassle to get rain checks. In fact, I just let $3 in ECBs expire because I just couldn't muster up the courage to battle the cashiers at CVS. Sad, huh?

So, for now, I have been shopping at Aldi at lot. Am I saving? Absolutely. Am I saving as much? No. But, am I sane? Yes, yes, yes!

Then, today, I stumbled upon this article and was encouraged. This is just a phase. New couponers will burn out. I can take a deep breath, utilize my pantry stockpile, and wait this one out. You can too. Be encouraged. This is a marathon, not a sprint. And the deals will come back!

1 comment:

  1. I try to always remember a quote a read once that said "There will always be another deal" :) That way I don't get too bent out of shape over missing something.

    Keep your ECBs most CVS will take them even if they have expired.

    ReplyDelete