Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Homemade Cleaners Continued...

Here are a few more tried-and-true cleaners, courtesy of a Taste of Home magazine insert:

Carpet Freshener: Mix baking soda with cinnamon and sprinkle on carpets. Wait 15 minutes, then vacuum. (I have tried this and it works great!)

Mirror Cleaner: Clean with canned shaving cream (not gel) for a streak-free finish.

Scuff Mark Cleaner: Apply toothpaste to an old toothbrush. Scrub, then wipe clean with a cloth. (We also use a pencil eraser at our house for black scuff marks.)

Shower Door Cleaner (For Glass Doors): Clean doors thoroughly. Then wipe with baby oil on a soft cloth. The oil will prevent soap scum and hard water spots for months! (I have done this and can attest to it...it keeps them clean forever!)

1 comment:

  1. Hope...you have saved me from sure insanity with the shower door tip. I detest our shower doors because I can NEVER keep them clean. I love you now.

    ReplyDelete