Sunday, June 13, 2010

Raising Homemakers

I found myself really encouraged after finding and reading this site. I have wanted to raise my daughter to enjoy her home, practice hospitality, and bless her family through her homemaking.

As a new bride, 11 years ago, I struggled with this so much! I resented my husband for "making messes," I couldn't cook anything that wasn't out of a box, and I found cleaning to be a horrible chore. After much research, some patient church friends who showed me the ropes, a great neighbor who shared recipes, and a lot of prayer, I am FINALLY finding homemaking to be enjoyable!

I also felt (for many reasons) that my homemaking was not a true "job"...that I would always strive to be something more, do something else. I don't want my daughter to feel like the "choice" of homemaking is her "only choice" or she is not as important as others who choose differently. I want her to soar in whatever she does, whether that be a career in the world or a career in the home!

I don't want my daughter to start out as frustrated as I, and I truly found this new website to be encouraging and a delight! I would encourage you to take a look and let me know your thoughts on the topic...

No comments:

Post a Comment