Monday, August 2, 2010

Get Motivated Monday

I haven't posted one of these in awhile, but I am starting something new so that we have things under control here for when school starts (in 3 weeks). I started subscribing to FlyLady. My goals for each day are slightly modified though:

- I usually accept her 15 minute challenge (today it was wiping down entry way doors, sweeping porches, and shaking mats)
- I do get dressed everyday, although not always down to my shoes.
- I have a clean sink every night.
- I run a load of laundry every day (except the weekends).
- I "swish and swipe" app. 3 times per week (instead of daily.)

In addition to her daily reminder, I have also put up some chore charts for the kids to earn allowance and a weekly list for me. Here's what mine looks like:

Meals and Money Monday(Includes Grocery Lists, Budget Updating, Coupon Clipping, Etc)
Tubs and Toilets Tuesday (Clean all 3 Bathrooms Except Floors)
Whatever Wednesday (Deep Clean Kitchen, Grocery Shop, Sweep Basement, etc)
Trinket Trap Thursday (Dust)
Find the Floors Friday (Mop and Vacuum)
Savor Saturdays (Family Day)
Spirit Sundays (Spiritual Renewal)

So, right now, here is what it all looks like for me. I am trying to get this chaos under control. I REALLY need school to run smoothly this year and only have about 1 1/2 hours a day to spend on focused cleaning. So, I need to have a plan. Then, if i miss something or run out of time, its no big deal...I'll catch up soon enough. Anyway, hope this helps someone out there! Happy cleaning!

No comments:

Post a Comment