Monday, November 15, 2010

I get by with a little help from my friends...

Well, things are moving along here. My husband and I both got sick last week. I had to get the house in order for our son's 6th birthday party. My mother-in-law came over to help by scrubbing my bathroom and our floors - God bless her! Then, a friend bailed me out literally at the last minute on a Veggie Tales cake that I tried to make and ruined. Hers was so beautiful and tasted great!

Side note on cakes: Frugal (homemade) cakes are just not for me. From now on, I will always buy my kids birthday cakes - its just not worth the drama of me attempting to make one, then crying on the kitchen floor. I don't care the cost or the savings - they are just getting ordered from here on out. (I'm ashamed to tell you how much the cake cost that we threw away - let's just say that there was a lot of money into my garage can!)

Then, some friends blessed us with a Rainbow cleaning system. Our daughter has allergies and they really felt that she would benefit from using this system. Can you say blessed? By the way, you should have seen the gunk that came out of my freshly vacuumed carpet! Those things really have suction!

Moral of this story: Friends are good. God is better. I am blessed.
"Every good and perfect gift is from above."

No comments:

Post a Comment