For many of us, it has officially arrived. I now have a first grader and a kindergartner. WOW! Time flies, doesn't it? Here are some tips that I wanted to share for back-to-school:
1. Shop the loss leaders on supplies. Check Staples and Office Max every single week. Or take those ads and price match at WalMart.
2. A new backpack is not necessary every year. If you buy a quality backpack (such as Jansport) you will use it for years. I've had mine since 1996 and its still going strong!
3. Do the combo sales at Meijer. Buy groceries that you need and get basic ata discounted rate. This week is tennis shoes and Hanes products. They just had a Fruit of the Loom promo as well.
4. Wait on the fall clothes. You don't need them now. They will go on sale later. The stores are counting on you to buy those jeans and hoodies now. If you wait until October, you will score them at a better price.
5. Set a budget. Give your child the cash for their supplies. Let them decide how to spend it. Do they really need the Jonas brothers folder or would they rather have a cool lunchbox?
Enjoy this time!