Friday, September 25, 2009

To Mark, Happy Anniversary, Darling...


A quick post to commemerate my 10th wedding anniversary:

Mark,

10 years ago today, I thought we knew each other...
10 years ago today, I thought I loved you completely...
10 years ago today, I thought we had it all figured out...
10 years ago today, I thought our plans were solid...
10 years ago today, I thought that "in sickness" was not likely...
10 years ago today, I thought I knew what it meant to serve...
10 years ago today, I thought a lot of things...

Now, I KNOW that bills rise, jobs change, we get sick, kids can make us crazy, schedules are insane, time flies, laundry piles up, vacations are a wish, we can pass each other like ships in the sea...

Yet, my heart KNOWS that you still choose me and I choose you. Yearly. Daily. Hourly.
My heart KNOWS that God's plan for me includes you and that will never change.
My heart KNOWS I trust you with my deepest secrets, fears, and dreams.
My heart KNOWS that you are faithful, a servant, a friend to many. That you try your best.

10 years ago today, I married my best friend.
TODAY, I am grateful for the journey, lumps and all...
And, I would do it all over again!

2 comments:

  1. Hope this blog is so beautiful you are a very talented women God bless you and your husband on your 10th! anniversary. Many more years of happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, you about made me cry! Awesome post! I hope Mark knows how blessed he is. ;) Congratulations and may God continue to bless you both.

    ReplyDelete