Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Don't fall off the Wagon - Keep Clipping

A note of encouagement to all of you out there who are discouraged about couponing...Keep clipping!

  • You don't have to save 70% on your trips right away; shoot for an attainable goal of 25%.

  • You don't have to have the most organized coupon stash; an envelope system works just fine for many.

  • You don't have to go to 3 stores every week; pick your favorite that doubles coupons and shop their sales to save.

  • You don't have to buy 10 papers; use the coupons from yours and ask a neighbor for the ones that they won't use.

  • You don't have to change brands; use the coupons available for the brands that you love.

Do you get my point: YOU DON'T HAVE TO! But, you WANT to: save money, pay off debt, shop smarter, purchase a home, stay at home with your kids, etc. We all have choices. You don't have to be SuperWoman. Just pick up the scissors and KEEP CLIPPING!

4 comments:

  1. You are too funny Miss Hope! Thanks for the encouragement. I am hoping to do some catch up clipping today while I am home :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish we had a grocery store that doubled coupons, there are only two grocery stores here...walmart and buehlers and I've never seen either do it :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very good point. I've become discouraged in the past seeing people save ridiculous amounts like 90% and I've just never been able to do that! But I save 50-60% off my weekly groceries so that is worth it to me! If I stopped my grocery bill would double 0.0 any little bit helps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ladies!

    Even if all you can do are coupons at W-Mart, you are still saving your family money! Be encouraged...and keep up the good work.

    I agree that every little bit helps. Set an attainable goal (like using leftover money to pay off a car) and CELEBRATE when you achieve it. And, as the book says "don't sweat the small stuff!"

    Peace,
    Hope

    ReplyDelete