Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Homemade Cranberry Orange Relish

This is a recipe that I received from my Grandma Stewart. Thanksgiving is not Thanksgiving without this relish. My in-laws always request it, and I oblidge because it is SO SIMPLE!

Combine in food processor:

1 bag FRESH cranberries
1 large seedless navel orange - peel and all
1 c. sugar (I use 3/4 c., see note)

Process until combined. Transfer to bowl and let flavors combine for 24 hours. Serve cold with Thanksgiving turkey.

(NOTE: I have tried this using Splenda - my husband's father is diabetic - and it does not come out the same. I would recommend cutting the actual sugar instead.)

I always make a double batch of this as it goes over well due to its fresh taste. We love the leftovers on toast with cream cheese for breakfast the next morning.

You can also freeze a batch to save for Christmas dinner.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment