Saturday, November 7, 2009

Week 1 Update - 30 Day Giving Challenge



Week 1 of the 30-Day Giving Challenge is over. How have you stretched yourself this week to give to others in creative ways?

Some of the things that we did this week (while living the hotel-life) were: gave a really generous tip at a restaurant, opted to not have our room serviced (to give the maids a break one day), and had friends over to swim in the hotel pool.

I felt extremely challenged in my giving this week as we were out of the norm. I did; however, give an exceptional amount of TIME to my kids (playing games, reading books, working on spelling, etc) and my spouse (having a private lunch date, trying to be less demanding about his schedule this week, etc)

I received multiple blessings in phone calls from friends, laundry help from my mother-in-law while we were away (she did all the curtains and our leftover laundry), and a dear friend packed my kids lunches for school since we didn't have much space in the hotel fridge (thanks, Meliss!)

I personally plan on upping my giving this week in creative ways. Will you join me?

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Galations 6:9

No comments:

Post a Comment