Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A Look at the Why Behind the Journey

I think that today may be a good day to remind myself why I am couponing and saving...

1. I want to honor God with my finances by tithing and GIVING on top of my tithe.
2. I want to be able to stay-at-home with my children and provide them as much of me as possible.
3. I want to pay down/off debt. Specifically, 1 credit card, 2 small auto loans, and HUGE student loans.
4. I want to be able to finance my children's education. I want to have options other than our local public schools.
5. I want to finance a family vacation. We have not traveled out of the tri-state area in over 6 years and it is time for an adventure!

Because of these goals; therefore, I will...

1. Add NO debt, period, by living a cash-only lifestyle.
2. Learn patience and the blessing of waiting.
3. Coupon, rebate, shop sales only for our groceries/toiletries.
4. NOT be brand or store loyal.
5. Garage sale, consignment shop, accept hand-me-downs greatfully.
6. Trust that God will provide for my needs and be content with what He provides.

***Why are you on this journey? Let's encourage each other today...

I close with a song that's been on my heart lately. It is by Sara Groves. Listen to it if you get a chance.

He's Always Been Faithful

Morning by morning I wake up to find
the power and comfort of God's hand in mine.
Season by season I watch him amazed,
in awe of the mystery of his perfect ways

CHORUS:
All I have need of his hand will provide.
He's always been faithful to me

I can't remember a trial or a pain
he did not recycle to bring me gain.
I can't remember one single regret
in serving God only and trusting his hand

CHORUS

This is my anthem, this is my song,
the theme of the stories I've heard for so long.
God has been faithful, he will be again.
His loving compassion, it knows no end.

CHORUS


Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment