Friday, August 28, 2009

September's Meal Plan

A new month is here and that prompts a new meal plan for the Labutis Family. Here is what we will be feasting on this month!

1. Tator Tot Casserole and Applesauce
2. Swiss Steak, Mashed Potatoes, Corn
3. Frozen Pizza
4. Burgers on Grill, Baked Beans, Chips
5. Meatloaf, Baked Potatoes, Green Beans
6. Baked Ziti, Garlic Bread, Caesar Salad
7. Yingling Pork Chops in Crockpot, Cheddar/Broc Rice, Applesauce
8. Clean out the Fridge Night or Grilled Cheese + Tomato Soup
9. Beans and Weenies + Fun Desert (Dirt Pudding?)
10. Corn Chowder and Homemade Dinner Rolls
11. Beef Roast, Potatoes, Carrots and Onion
12. Tami's Chicken and Rice Casserole + Frozen Vegetable
13. Taco Night + Chips and Salsa
14. Tuna Noodle Bake + Apple Crisp
15. Lasagna + Garlic Bread
16. French Toast + Sausage Links
17. Shredded Chicken Sandwiches, Chips, Jello Salad
18. Hamburger Helper + Peas
19. Black Beans and Rice + Queso Dip with Chips
20. Clean out the Fridge Night!

Maybe you'll see something here that will inspire you for dinner tonight! Remember, a meal planned is MONEY SAVED :)

2 comments:

  1. So, I first thought you were crazy to plan a month in advance. But then I read your first menu post (August Meal Plan) and thought, hmm, maybe she's not so crazy. :) I used to plan every two weeks as that was when Jared would get paid back in ol' MV. But now it's every week because that's when the paychecks roll in. But I like your idea. It's a lot more flexible. You have inspired me to try it!
    Just a couple questions: First, do you maintain a written list of the ingredients you already have on hand? If not, how do you remember them all? Also, do you shop for some specific meals each week?
    Thanks my dear! Love you!
    ~Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kels!

    When I make my list, I have 80-100% of the ingredients on hand (remember we buy our meat in bulk.) Obviously, you know my pantry is pretty full... hahahaha! I only have to buy produce and dairy once every week (of course I also shop the sale items once/week to keep my stockpile up! again, hahahaha!)

    And I look in my cabinets/stockpile BEFORE I make the monthly meal. That's how I remember what I have... My brain is not big enough for my stockpile!

    The only downfall to this plan is that it doesn't allow for a lot of spontatneous recipe trying. I have to plan to try a new recipe... (Although there are the 10 days of wiggle room that I allow myself, so sometimes I can try something new.)

    Hope this helps! Thanks for the comment. They really encourage me :)

    Love you,
    Hope

    ReplyDelete