Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Welcome to A Hope-Filled Home!

"A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

My heart has been wishing for this place for some time now. A place to encourage, pray for, walk with each other on a journey of sorts. I am excited to be sharing it with you!

My personal journey is one of contentment, control, and "cash-only."

I need to be content with what I have; to stop accumulating; to acknowldege that the only way I can be truly content is through my personal relationship with Christ. Not more clothes, more debt, more food, more anything - just more of HIM!

I need to have control over my budget so that I can have the freedom to make choices regarding my children's education, our family life, retirement saving, and GIVING more than what is required (tithe). I want to have the monetary freedom to help others, travel, and truly enjoy this life that I've been given.

I want to be a "cash-only" family, so that we can snowball our debt, become debt free, and live like no one else! (Thanks, to Dave Ramsey for putting that fire under my seat!) I want to stop accumulating additional debt. I refuse to vacation, buy gas, school shop, or shop at all with a credit card. I refuse to finance another car!

These are my personal goals. The topics on this blog will relate to these goals directly.

Contentment
  • Scripture
  • Fun-Times/Game Nights
  • Date Nights (on the Cheap)
  • Travel (again, on the Cheap)

Control

  • Weekly Grocery Budget
  • Christmas Shopping
  • Meal Planning
  • Freezer Cooking

"Cash-Only"

  • Savings Strategies
  • Garage Sales/Consignment Sales
  • CVS Deals
  • Using Gift Cards Effectively

I don't know all the answers, nor do I claim to. But I know the One who does and I know that He says He will grant me the desires of my heart. My prayer is that together we can care for our families, help others, make lasting friendships, and give God the glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment